Sites and monuments

Thermes napoleon

Charlotte Defarges

A real cathedral built of ashlar on the instructions of Napoleon III, the Napoleonic Baths bear witness to the splendour of the Second Empire, with a vault at 18m above the ground and a corridor 65m long. The complex was built in the heart of the spa in 1857/1861 by the architects Charles Isabelle and Nicolas Grillot, then restored by Robert Danis in 1932/1933. They are decorated with the imperial eagle on the pediment level and framed on each side by two rectangular wings constituting the Grand Hotel with 80 rooms. Inside, a marble of Napoleon III by Nicolas Jaley greets visitors before entering the large entrance hall 55m long, where two full-length statues are enthroned: Calliope the muse of Epic Poetry and Eloquence, and Thalie the muse of the Comedy (depository of the Louvre Museum). The ensemble has been registered M.H. since 2001. Cures and thermal weeks are organized there to treat digestive tract disorders and rheumatismReopening scheduled for June 27, 2022.

Useful info

Individuals

Guided tours with advanced booking, tour of exterior only

Groups

Guided tours with advanced booking

Amenities

Bar / tearoom, meals, equipped meeting room, toilets

Photo gallery

Localisation

Les informations recueillies à partir de ce formulaire sont nécessaires au traitement de votre demande (sauf mention contraire). Elles sont enregistrées et transmises au pôle marketing et digital de Lorraine Tourisme en charge du traitement de votre demande d’information touristique. Ces données sont conservées 3 ans. Vous disposez d’un droit d’accès, de rectification et d’opposition aux données vous concernant, que vous pouvez exercer en adressant une demande par courriel à contact@tourisme-lorraine.fr ou par courrier signé accompagné de la copie d’un titre d’identité à l’adresse suivante : Lorraine Tourisme – Abbaye des Prémontrés – BP 97 – 54704 PONT A MOUSSON CEDEX

Envoi