Sites and monuments

église saint-amé


The current church dates from 1861 (following the destruction of the old one in 1857). Its construction was financed by Napoleon III to welcome all the people of the worldly life. The original church was then too small to accommodate the crinolines. In the meantime masses were celebrated on the Promenade des Dames. Neo-Gothic church (plan revised by Viollet le Duc) with an arrow height of 61 m, the imperial crown can be distinguished in thanks and in honor of the emperor. - Virgin with bird (child with bird) polychrome plaster of the fifteenth century. - Choir and transepts with stained glass classified - Altar master and the chair in stone lace classified MH. - Buffet (organ) in classed wood; Romantic organ from 1883. In neo-Gothic ogival style, it was built according to the plans of the architect Grillot and thanks to the generosity of Napoleon III. Begun in 1858, it was consecrated in 1863. It has a large romantic organ, one of the most beautiful in the region. It was included in the additional inventory of M.H. in 1995 after the classification of all its furniture in 1982.

Useful info


Visit on your own at all times


Guided tours with advanced booking




Les informations recueillies à partir de ce formulaire sont nécessaires au traitement de votre demande (sauf mention contraire). Elles sont enregistrées et transmises au pôle marketing et digital de Lorraine Tourisme en charge du traitement de votre demande d’information touristique. Ces données sont conservées 3 ans. Vous disposez d’un droit d’accès, de rectification et d’opposition aux données vous concernant, que vous pouvez exercer en adressant une demande par courriel à ou par courrier signé accompagné de la copie d’un titre d’identité à l’adresse suivante : Lorraine Tourisme – Abbaye des Prémontrés – BP 97 – 54704 PONT A MOUSSON CEDEX