Sites and monuments

Roman aqueduct

T.E/Office de Tourisme de Metz

The monument, with a length of 1128 metres, links the two banks of the Moselle and had 110 columns that were, for the highest, 25 metres high. It only was the air part of a 22 km-pipes transporting the water from Gorze to the thermal baths and fountains of Metz. It dates back to the 2nd century AD. The monument is one of the best preserved of the Western Roman Empire. Formerly known as the "Pont du Diable" ("The Devil's Bridge") by the inhabitants, the monument has been restored several times since 1837.

Useful info

  • Pets welcome
Individuals

Tour of exterior only

Vidéos

Localisation

Les informations recueillies à partir de ce formulaire sont nécessaires au traitement de votre demande (sauf mention contraire). Elles sont enregistrées et transmises au pôle marketing et digital de Lorraine Tourisme en charge du traitement de votre demande d’information touristique. Ces données sont conservées 3 ans. Vous disposez d’un droit d’accès, de rectification et d’opposition aux données vous concernant, que vous pouvez exercer en adressant une demande par courriel à contact@tourisme-lorraine.fr ou par courrier signé accompagné de la copie d’un titre d’identité à l’adresse suivante : Lorraine Tourisme – Abbaye des Prémontrés – BP 97 – 54704 PONT A MOUSSON CEDEX

Envoi