Walks and trails

Circuit historique
de frauenberg

Sarreguemines Tourisme

The Association for the Safeguarding of the Castle and Heritage of Frauenberg is pleased to present the rich historical past of the village through the 23 stages of this tour. Frauenberg is certainly the 'Frauenburg' (ladies' fortress), a castle where families related to all the European aristocracy, including Russia, have succeeded one another. But there are also many places and events that have marked the history of the village. As early as the early Middle Ages, a row of houses along the Blies between the rise to the castle and the crossroads to Blies-Schweyen, together with a mill on the Blies, formed the hamlet of Linterdingen, first mentioned in 1273. The first mention of Frauenberg dates from 1628. At that time it was only a few houses built around the church, which was Protestant at that time (Place St Jaques). Linterdingen and Frauenberg coexisted in these forms for half a century. Around 1680, the remains of the two villages, which had been ruined after the Thirty Years' War, took the name Frauenberg. After several centuries of existence, Linterdingen thus disappeared for good.

Useful info

  • Pets welcome
  • LUNDI Open
  • MARDI Open
  • MERCREDI Open
  • JEUDI Open
  • VENDREDI Open
  • SAMEDI Open
  • DIMANCHE Open

Localisation

Les informations recueillies à partir de ce formulaire sont nécessaires au traitement de votre demande (sauf mention contraire). Elles sont enregistrées et transmises au pôle marketing et digital de Lorraine Tourisme en charge du traitement de votre demande d’information touristique. Ces données sont conservées 3 ans. Vous disposez d’un droit d’accès, de rectification et d’opposition aux données vous concernant, que vous pouvez exercer en adressant une demande par courriel à contact@tourisme-lorraine.fr ou par courrier signé accompagné de la copie d’un titre d’identité à l’adresse suivante : Lorraine Tourisme – Abbaye des Prémontrés – BP 97 – 54704 PONT A MOUSSON CEDEX

Envoi